A manager identifies an employee's need for instruction and direction, usually a need directly related to his or her current work assignment. Feedback is information to your staff that lets them know how well or poorly they are completing their ongoing assignments.
• Identify key aspects of constructive feedback
• Discuss benefits of constructive feedback
• Demonstrate six levels of constructive feedback
• Course Overview - Welcome/Introduction/Expectations
• Feedback basics for managers
• Principles and practice in giving constructive feedback
• Feedback on performance management
• Feedback in coaching performance
• Next steps and action planning
• Managers (all levels). Class size maximum 24 participants.
• 12 hours, with 15-minute breaks and 1 hour for lunch during day